ALACHUA COUNTY – The Alachua County Library District is offering curbside service only at all branch locations from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Book drops are open for returns as well.
Patrons can follow these steps to check out and return items.
- Place holds for books, DVDs, and other materials online at aclib.us/catalog or call your preferred branch. Be sure to select which branch you would like to pick up from.
- You will receive a notification when your items are ready.
- When you arrive at your library branch, call the number posted at the branch or on your notice to alert library staff that you are ready to pick up your items.
- Library employees will bring your materials out to you, please have your library card or photo identification ready to show them. Patrons are encouraged to wear face masks or coverings when interacting with staff.
- Please return your items in the book drops. Employees will not be taking returns from patrons in person; please do not try to hand your materials to them.
Materials returned to the Library District will be quarantined for 72 hours before being checked in for circulation. Return dates have been extended through June 15 for all items currently checked out. Card expiration dates have also been extended. Online services, including the collection of more than 80,000 eBooks, digital magazines, and dozens of eSources, are available any time at www.aclib.us. Interlibrary loans are not offered at this time. All meeting room reservations and in-person programs remain suspended.
The Library District leaders continue to develop plans to offer more services to the public in the coming weeks. The health and safety of patrons and employees remain the Library District’s highest priority. Please visit www.aclib.us/CurrentServices for updates.
Library staff members are available to answer questions via email, online chat, and text 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Saturday at www.aclib.us/AskUs. Starting Monday, patrons can call individual branches for assistance:
- Headquarters Branch 352-334-3950
- Alachua Branch 386-462-2592
- Archer Branch 352-495-3367
- Cone Park Branch 352-334-0720
- Hawthorne Branch 352-481-1920
- High Springs Branch 386-454-2515
- Library Partnership Branch 352-334-0165
- Micanopy Branch 352-466-3122
- Millhopper Branch 352-334-1272
- Newberry Branch 352-472-1135
# # #
- Font Size
- Reading Mode