GAINESVILLE – The Florida Department of Transportation is scheduled to begin a resurfacing project next month on Hawthorne Road (State Road 20) in Gainesville.
The project is set to begin on June 1, weather and unforeseen circumstances permitting, and take place from State Road 26 (University Avenue) to just east of County Road 329B. In addition to resurfacing, the $4 million, approximately 4-mile project will include sidewalk and drainage improvements, as well as other incidental construction.
FDOT has hired Preferred Materials, Inc., to complete the work.
Daytime lane closures are expected through the course of the project, and some nighttime construction activities are expected. However, lane closure restrictions will be in place during peak times to limit impacts to motorists. Lane closures are not allowed from:
- 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Sunday from University Avenue (State Road 26) to Southeast 21st Street
- 3:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Sunday on Hawthorne Road (Eastbound) from Southeast 21st Street to County Road 329B
- 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. Monday through Sunday on Hawthorne Road (Westbound) from Southeast 21st Street to County Road 329B
- 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Sunday on University Avenue (State Road 26)
- In school zones, from one hour before school begins to 30 minutes after school begins, and one hour before school ends to 30 minutes after school ends
The project is expected to be completed later this year.
# # #
- Font Size
- Reading Mode